Growth Tickers

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Kissing Booth


Happy 2nd Birthday

Thursday, June 5, 2008

First Day of School

Finally, Damien is going to his playgroup session today after recovering from his fever. He was dressed and all ready to go. Yet he was full of apprehension upon reaching the school.

It took awhile for him to warm up to play with the other kids. Just as I was thinking that he had settled in and about to leave, he seemed to sense it and kept calling Mummy and clinch on to me.

Teacher, Ms Connie still asked me to go and he was left crying. At that point, my heart really breaks but I know this is part and parcel of the separation process.

As it is his first day, Ms Connie asked me to fetch him after one hour instead of letting him attend the full 2 hour session. When I returned, I immediately hear his cries and sobbing. Ms Connie informed that he had not stopped crying since I left. And he was so eager to say Bye Bye and leave upon seeing me. But he did say 'See you tomorrow'.

Hopefully this is a sign for a better start to his 2nd day of school.


No comments: